Educators Section

This sections is accessible only to educators, through a free registration process.

Login Register

Federal and State ID Numbers

Once the company name has been cleared and the entity has been formed, the client should obtain a Federal Employer Identification Number. This is like a social security number and will be required even though the entity has no employees. The FEIN can be obtained by filing IRS Form SS-4 or following other instructions on the form.

A state identification number should also be obtained, usually from the Department of Revenue in the home state of the business.

Filter by Author & Category


Search all Resources

The information appearing on the EshipLaw Site located at, including articles and other posted materials, and other resources to which links or citations are provided on the EshipLaw Site is being offered solely for educational purposes, and does not in any way substitute for advice and representation by a licensed attorney. Use of the EshipLaw Site does not create an attorney-client relationship with either the editors, creators or reviewers of the educational content presented on the EshipLaw Site.